- Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 cup Soft Butter (I use salted because I prefer my sweets a bit salty)
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 1/2 cups Sifted Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Flavoring Extract (I use either Vanilla or Almond)
- Cream the butter, and then gradually add the sugar. Cream together well.
- With your hands, mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture. Then, also with your hands, mix in the flavoring extract.
- Shape the dough into a roll that is 2 inches in diameter. Cover (I placed it in a plastic bag) and chill in the refrigerator (about an hour).
- With a thin, sharp knife, cut the dough into slices that are 1/8 inch thick. Bake on a cookie sheet in a 400 degree oven for about 8 or 10 minutes. They're perfect when golden around the edges.