Crispy. Chewy. Yummy. We love these cookies! They turned out even better than I hoped. Everyone (even Picky Pa) loved them!
Created by Jenai on January 24, 2016
- Yield: 36 cookies
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Butter (or 1/4 cup each Butter and Shortening)
- 2 cups Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup Wheaties Cereal
- 1 cup Peanuts (roasted, salted & chopped fine)
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, shortening, and brown sugar until it’s smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix together well.
- In a separate bowl, sift and measure the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add the oats, Wheaties, and peanuts. Combine well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter-sugar mixture. Mix together well by hand.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- With your hands, roll the dough into Tablespoon-sized balls, and set onto an ungreased baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Lightly flatten the dough balls with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for about 16 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool.