- Yield: 15 Corn Cakes (4 inch)
- Category: Sweet Miscellany
- 1 1/2 cups White Cornmeal (I\'m sure yellow would be yummy too)
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Egg, beat until light
- 2 cups Buttermilk (or regular milk soured with 2 Tablespoons lemon juice)
- Oil for the pan (I use safflower)
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Combine the egg with the buttermilk/sour milk.
- Add buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients, and stir well with a spoon.
- Lightly grease a pancake skillet, and warm at medium heat. Spoon the batter onto the skillet, and turn when the raw side loses its shine. Serve them hot with butter, syrup, jam, and/or honey.