- Yield: 49 or 50
- 3 cups ground Vanilla Wafer Cookies (Nilla)
- 1 cup ground Nuts (I prefer toasted pecans)
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Bourbon, Brandy, or Rum (I prefer dark rum)
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar (for rolling the balls in afterward)
- Combine and sift the dry ingredients (this also helps to sort out the extra large cookie chunks).
- Stir in the liquid ingredients and fold in the nuts. The cookie crumbs will gradually absorb the liquids, thickening the batter significantly over the next few minutes.
- Place the 1 cup of powdered sugar in a bowl or shallow pan. Depending on the stickiness, either form the dough into 1 inch balls then roll in the sugar… or drop the batter into the powdered sugar then form the balls. Coat the balls well in the sugar.
- Store in a well-sealed container. I keep mine in the refrigerator.