- Yield: Between 1 & 2 cups
- Category: Savory
- 2 tablespoons Vinegar (I used rice vinegar for a milder flavor)
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce (I would halve this)
- 1 teaspoon Prepared Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Sugar (or more, to preferred sweetness)
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 pinch Cayenne (or to preferred level of hotness)
- 1 Small Clove Garlic, crushed (optional, though I would not omit)
- 1 pinch Mace (or Nutmeg), optional though recommended
- 3/4 cup Snyder oyster cocktail sauce or Ketchup (I use Ketchup)
- Water, up to 1 cup, to desired sauce thickness (I prefer to leave it out)
- Mix all of the ingredients, and then boil together for a few minutes (I don't bother boiling).
- Cover meat (pork is suggested) in sauce, leaving some aside for basting.
- Barbecue, broil, or simmer your choice cut of pork (or other meat), occasionally turning and basting with remaining sauce.